Facility Protection Los Angeles
A large city the size of Los Angeles is a major target for terrorist attacks, regrettably terrorist activities are becoming more prevalent. 9/11 changed the security framework of the United States along with the security concerns and focus of building security. In the past, theft and criminal activities were the majority concern. Stopping the next break-in was the priority. However, the protection level needed to be raised and protection to become a higher priority. Vehicles have increased as the prevalent means of causing harm or intrusion incidents for high-level theft. Ram-raids by criminals are increasing in popularity. To counter this rise in threats and potential risks, to Los Angeles properties, security departments upgraded their physical security, Los Angeles businesses, building owners, and building security managers have looked to BBRSS, for our unmatched physical security products and expertise, to increase their facility protection. You can too! (800)367-0387
What is Physical Security?
Physical security is defined as tactically designed and implemented security procedures to deny unauthorized access to facilities, equipment and resources and to protect personnel and property from resulting damage or harm. Protection from threats and criminal activities, such as terrorist attacks, theft, and espionage.
What is Los Angeles Facility Protection?
Facility protection, for Los Angeles, is the all-inclusive plan including physical security to install and maintain protection for a facility, building, or structure. Facility protection is complex, detailed, and unique to the building, facility, structure, park, arena, stadium, etc. it is intended to protect. Los Angeles, with its unique flair, adds an additional layer of security considerations setting it apart from other large metropolitan areas.
Facility Protection Considerations
When designing and implementing a facility protection plan, understanding threat vectors, vulnerabilities, and mitigation plans lays the foundation for a solid plan. From the beginning, a building can be designed for security by such methods as planning and limiting the number and location of entrances and by vigilant attention to exits, traffic patterns, and loading docks.
- People and Training: Guards and officers serve as the frontline and training in security protocols as well as identifying suspicious behavior is extremely important. Training should include the operation of specific physical security products installed.
- Intelligence: Understand and identify the threats to the area, building, and people in it.
- Technology: New technologies can provide threat prevention beyond the capabilities of guards to significantly improve security operations.
- Processes and Protocols: When new threats emerge, processes and protocols must be tailored to ensure security layers are properly deployed throughout a venue.
- Products: Security products need to be chosen for a specific function. Products such as bollards, crash gates, and multiple types of barriers are designed to prevent access by unauthorized individuals, while protecting personnel, visitors, and assets.
Once these important considerations have been completely examined, the Los Angeles Facility Protection process becomes simple. Examine your plan. Consider Scenarios. Consult with BBRSS experts to determine the best product for the function determined. Install. Maintain and Service as Needed. The facility protection, for your Los Angeles facility, should not to be taken lightly. Improve your physical security plan today with products from BBRSS designed for protection, quality installation, and industry best and leading service and support.
To get started, contact BBRSS at (800)367-0387 or complete our easy contact form.